Ju Haknyeon
Part of THE BOYZ history, listed after the current lineup instead of quietly deleted.

Profile
Ju Haknyeon entered public view through Produce 101 Season 2 before debuting with THE BOYZ in December 2017. He grew up in Jeju in a Korean-Chinese family and became one of the group’s most recognizable variety personalities. His performance identity was less about one formal “main” position and more about being useful almost everywhere.
ONE HUNDRED announced his departure and contract termination on June 18, 2025 after reports about a private gathering in Japan. The company called it a personal issue. Later reporting escalated into allegations that Haknyeon denied. Police did not proceed with the prostitution accusation, and subsequent legal reporting showed the dispute was far messier than the first headlines suggested.
The only responsible way to write this profile is to separate what happened from what was alleged. He met people at a private gathering. He left the group after the agency acted. He denied illegal conduct. Authorities did not establish the accusation that dominated the coverage. A former member profile is not a courtroom, and “tea” is not permission to turn rumor into a verdict.
Haknyeon’s years in the group covered the climb from rookie variety chaos through Road to Kingdom, Kingdom, major tours, and the move away from IST. He was present for nearly the entire first eight years. Whatever the final legal outcome with ONE HUNDRED, that body of work did not evaporate on June 18.
Produce 101 and debut path
Ju Haknyeon competed on Mnet’s Produce 101 Season 2 in 2017 before Cre.ker Entertainment introduced THE BOYZ. The program gave him public recognition before debut, but his later career cannot be reduced to a survival-show ranking. He debuted with THE BOYZ on December 6, 2017 through The First and “Boy,” beginning a group tenure that lasted through June 2025.
THE BOYZ era guide
Haknyeon’s group years cover the rookie releases “Boy,” “Giddy Up,” “Right Here,” and “No Air,” the competitive-performance period around Road to Kingdom and Kingdom: Legendary War, and later releases including “The Stealer,” “Thrill Ride,” “Maverick,” “Whisper,” “Roar,” “Watch It,” and “Trigger.” His work belongs to those recordings and stages even after his departure.
He functioned as a flexible vocalist, rapper, dancer, and variety presence rather than being defined by one main position. Full-group performances show his formation work and expressive timing more accurately than short line-distribution clips. His Jeju background and approachable variety style also helped make him one of the group’s recognizable public personalities.
2025 departure and verified legal record
ONE HUNDRED announced his departure and contract termination on June 18, 2025 after reports about a private gathering in Japan. Haknyeon acknowledged attending a gathering and drinking with acquaintances but denied prostitution or other illegal conduct. On July 2, 2025, Seoul Gangnam Police decided not to forward the prostitution complaint to prosecutors, reporting insufficient grounds to proceed.
The legal dispute continued beyond that decision. In June 2026, Korean reporting said a reporter connected to the allegation had been indicted on a defamation charge after investigators found no objective evidence beyond rumor. In July 2026, the Seoul Central District Court rejected ONE HUNDRED’s 8 billion won damages claim against Haknyeon; the company said it intended to appeal. Those developments should be described as procedural outcomes, not as permission to invent motives or private facts.
Current classification
Haknyeon remains in the Members directory as a former THE BOYZ member because his eight-year group career is part of the site’s music history. He is not placed in the Artist directory unless a verified independently released solo music catalog exists. Acting, appearances, personal social media, or former-member status alone do not satisfy that rule. If formal solo music arrives, this same canonical profile should be updated rather than duplicated.
YouTube tracking history
This profile tracks official THE BOYZ music videos, performance films, dance practices, survival-program stages, and behind material featuring Haknyeon during his 2017–2025 tenure. Post-departure group releases are not assigned to him. View totals change continuously, so the page preserves official uploads and career context instead of freezing temporary numbers.
Official public link
Keep digging
Sources
- Yonhap, June 19, 2025, for his acknowledgement of the gathering and denial of prostitution
- Korea JoongAng Daily, July 2, 2025, for the police decision not to refer the complaint to prosecutors
- Sports Kyunghyang, June 2, 2026, for the reported defamation indictment and investigation record
- Star News, July 23, 2026, for the civil court’s rejection of ONE HUNDRED’s damages claim and the stated appeal plan
- Official THE BOYZ releases and broadcaster archives for his 2017–2025 music and performance chronology